August 27 - 29, 2018
The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island, FL
Monday, August 27 | Day One: Building World-Class Service Operations
Sunday, August 26 | Pre-Conference Networking Kickoff Monday, August 27 | Day One: Building World-Class Service Operations Tuesday, August 28 | Day Two: Digital Solutions To Achieve Customer Success Wednesday, August 29 | Day Three: Culture, Tools, And Team: Contributing To The Next Generation Of Service Success
7:00 am - 8:00 am Registration & Breakfast In The Exhibit Hall
8:00 am - 8:15 am Welcome Remarks & Ice BreakerSara Mueller - Portfolio Director, Program Development Field Service Events
8:15 am - 8:35 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks: How Communication Technology Is Opening The Door For Growth At DISHStacey Epstein - Chief Executive Officer Zinc Nick Rossetti - Senior Vice President, In-Home Services Dish Network
Best known for its satellite TV service, DISH has been aggressively pursuing category leadership for service with its customer-oriented campaign, “Tuned In To You” The focus has been rewarding both for customers and DISH: during the company’s earnings call earlier this month, CEO Erik Carlson noted that they rank highest in customer satisfaction for in-home service technicians by J.D. Power.
As the company expands into new markets, including ones that rely heavily on its field service teams, DISH recognizes it faces risks. Chief among them is the struggle to ensure that its reps, many of whom are servicing new products, have the knowledge they need when installing or repairing a product in home.
DISH Senior Vice President of In-Home Services, Nick Rossetti, and Zinc CEO Stacey Epstein will join together in this lively keynote and share how DISH, as it enters new markets, is leveraging cutting edge technology to deliver an excellent customer experience while building employee engagement and performance.
Stacey EpsteinChief Executive Officer
Nick RossettiSenior Vice President, In-Home Services
8:35 am - 8:55 am Smart Elevators And Predictive Maintenance - From Reactive To Proactive And PredictiveYonni Hoffman - Head of Lodging Service Business KONE Americas
KONE Americas, an organization that has embraced IoT and AI for service, will share how they’ve created success in their innovative service organization.
Yonni HoffmanHead of Lodging Service Business
8:55 am - 9:40 am PANEL: Getting A Grip On Customer Experience To Move The Needle Of ServiceBob Latvis - Regional Vice President, Technical Operations Comcast Cable Tony McGraw - Vice President, Central Operations – North American Building Solutions Johnson Controls Rod Johnson - Head of Service & Direct Sales Operations Farmers Insurance Marlene Kolodziej - Associate Vice President, Service Delivery Northwell Health
- Determining the best ways to monitor and manage customer satisfaction and NPS
- Deciding how to manage competing KPIs
- Assessing different software and platforms that can help you capture customer experience insights
- Implementing insights into your operations for better customer success
Bob LatvisRegional Vice President, Technical Operations
Tony McGrawVice President, Central Operations – North American Building Solutions
Rod JohnsonHead of Service & Direct Sales Operations
Marlene KolodziejAssociate Vice President, Service Delivery
9:40 am - 10:00 am Lessons Learned Around The Enterprise Deployment Of Augmented RealityRon Pellegrini - Vice President & Head of Field Service LD/POC Siemens Healthineers
With over 20 years in service at Siemens Healthcare, Ron will share with you how their organization has adopted AR and other innovative technologies to advance their service operations and make their customers happy.
Ron PellegriniVice President & Head of Field Service LD/POC
10:00 am - 10:20 am Shifting The Service Technician Selling Paradigm: Can Service Technicians Be Trained And Incentivized To Successfully Sell Service?Bob Sucaet - Vice President, Global Flow Lifecycle Services Emerson Automated Solutions
- Identifying best practices to shift the thinking in your organization toward a culture of Service-Technician-driven sales
- Defining the Purpose or your Technicians role
- Introducing the idea of technicians selling in the field to your organization
- Training technicians to help customers buy needed service
- Knowing what, and more importantly, what not to emphasize in technician training to promote seamless service selling
Bob SucaetVice President, Global Flow Lifecycle Services
Emerson Automated Solutions
10:20 am - 10:40 am So I Have All This Data, Now What Can I Do With It?David Bochenski - Chief Technology Officer Cognito iQ
The pace of new technology appearing on the market continues to accelerate, and the amount of data organisations are capturing is growing exponentially. It’s often still the case however that businesses struggle to keep pace with the advances in technology, and are routinely frustrated by their ability to leverage the data to achieve actionable business outcomes.
During the keynote David will be discussing how business can use the power of cloud native technology to:
- Understand what’s really going on in their workforces
- Use machine learning techniques to unlock insights into better performance
- Leverage IoT telemetry to gain efficiencies in your service operation
- Use A/B techniques in real time to ‘out learn’ your competition
David BochenskiChief Technology Officer
10:40 am - 11:25 am Orange Crush: Games & Networking In The Exhibit Hall
11:25 am - 12:25 pm Interactive Workshop A: Winning Strategies For Making Digital Field Service A Reality And Not Just A Dream – And How Your Business Model Will Transform In The ProcessNikki Bishop - Head of Global Field Service & Digital Operations Siemens Edward Morris - Head of Digital Operations, Power Generation Service Siemens
- Tackling the challenge of digital transformation of field service – getting buy in, delivering and driving sustainable change
- Leveraging digital technology to support service business model evolution
- Workforce enablement of personnel within your business
- Workforce enablement of customers to be more efficient within their operations also how the enablement allows for more seamless interaction/collaboration of internal and customer personnel
- Talent management techniques to support your digital workforce - handling the generational concerns, young early adopters vs. experienced traditionalists…we need both equally
Nikki BishopHead of Global Field Service & Digital Operations
Edward MorrisHead of Digital Operations, Power Generation Service
11:25 am - 12:25 pm Interactive Workshop B: Moving More Services To The Cloud For Further Automation And Better Customer ServiceMichael Johnson - Global Director, Commercial Services Smiths Medical
- Examining what’s holding you back from expanding more into the cloud
- Overcoming data and security issues
- Putting a plan in place for cloud expansion
- Measuring the effectiveness of your automation and customer service functions in the cloud
Michael JohnsonGlobal Director, Commercial Services
11:25 am - 12:25 pm Interactive Workshop C: Customizing Data Analysis For Territory And Dispatch DesignGreg Burcham - Head of Service Effectiveness MilliporeSigma
- Exploring different ways of using tools available to look at data in a fresh light
- Identifying reporting limitations on FSM software and alternative workarounds
- Customizing pivot tables and Excel for analysis
- Sharing a territory management case study example
Greg BurchamHead of Service Effectiveness
12:25 pm - 1:25 pm Lunch
1:25 pm - 2:25 pm Interactive Workshop D: The Secret To Six Nines UptimeShahar Chen - Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder Aquant Assaf Melochna - Chief Operating Officer & Co-Founder Aquant
Customer expectations have greatly evolved from the days when meeting an SLA or a schedule window was good enough to keep the customer happy. Nowadays, many companies deal with assets and equipment that are mission critical to the customer’s business and downtime is not acceptable. In this workshop, we will explore the new landscape where service organizations are challenged to optimize their entire process - from real-time fault prediction to sending the right technician with right skills, the right parts, and the critical knowledge, in order to solve the problem on the first visit. Failure is not an option.
Shahar ChenChief Executive Officer & Co-Founder
Assaf MelochnaChief Operating Officer & Co-Founder
1:25 pm - 2:25 pm Interactive Workshop E: The Rise of Asset and Service Data GravityJoe Kenny - Vice President, Global Customer Transformation Service Max
Generation Z, (those born from the mid-1990s onwards) will be the last to remember a product-based economy, according to a new global research by Vanson Bourne and GE Digital. 87% of six hundred respondents say the successful collection and use of asset service data will have an impact on their organisation’s ability to remain competitive and automatic collection and the analysis of service and asset data delivers a 14% revenue boost, along with insights for almost every other part of a business.
Join us to learn how your service organization can use Asset and Service Data to became a world class organization and deliver profitability consistently by reducing cost and driving up utilization and customer upsells.
Joe KennyVice President, Global Customer Transformation
1:25 pm - 2:25 pm Interactive Workshop F: Avoiding Costly Mistakes When Implementing A New Augmented Reality Support Program
- Debating the benefits vs. detriments of the hardware and software that will support your AR strategy
- Learning what AR pilot programs are revealing about the best ways to use this technology for remote troubleshooting
- Establishing a strategy to avoid costly mistakes for AR implementation while still taking full advantage of this technology that is revolutionizing field service
2:25 pm - 3:25 pm Interactive Workshop G: Demand Forecasting And Capacity Planning Best PracticesMichael Mendoza - Field Service Practice Lead Hitachi Solutions America Martin Boggess - Vice President, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Hitachi Solutions America
- Analyzing your current demand forecasting and capacity planning strategy to identify areas for improvement
- Outlining the key elements of successful demand forecasting and capacity planning
- What tools can help you achieve your goals most effectively?
- Measuring the effectiveness of your capacity planning program
Michael MendozaField Service Practice Lead
Hitachi Solutions America
Martin BoggessVice President, Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Hitachi Solutions America
2:25 pm - 3:25 pm Interactive Workshop H: Extending The Capabilities Of Field Service Management Solutions With Fully Integrated Apps And Contextual WorkflowsAlvaro Pombo - Chief Executive Officer ProntoForms
This session will discuss how companies can extend their FSM solution with a fully integrated mobile front-end, eliminate the last paper forms accompanying work orders, and improve field service productivity.
Key takeaways will include:
- Identify key capability gaps of field service management solutions
- How extensibility of FSM solutions can positively impact key business drivers (CSAT, uptime, upsell, profitability, compliance and more)
- Contextual tech guidance through complex maintenance
- Improve evidence of work complete with rich service records
Alvaro PomboChief Executive Officer
3:25 pm - 4:10 pm Monday Madness: Games & Networking In The Exhibit Hall
3:25 pm - 4:10 pm 20 Years of Service Club Bourbon Tasting
An exceptional tasting of premium bourbon to celebrate your dedication to the service industry.
4:10 pm - 5:10 pm Interactive Workshop J: Motivating Baby Boomers Through Millennials To Drive Exceptional Service PerformanceTom Voirin - Director, Software & Service Support Philips Healthcare
In this workshop, we will discuss the challenges of a multigenerational workforce comprised of baby boomers, gen x’ers and millennials. Baby boomers are postponing retirement, generation x’ers are the forgotten generation and millennials bring a totally new perspective to the meaning of work.
Tom will present the key drivers of each generation and provides The Universal Services Framework to unify these groups to drive exceptional Service performance! Tom has successfully used the Universal Services Framework to improve customer satisfaction from 75% to 95% in 11 months, margin performance from 6% to 28% in 9 months and employee utilization from 45% to 70% in 6 months. This is a presentation that will focus on the multi-generational work force in the service sector with a specific emphasis on Millennials. Tom has continued his research in this area and will have new updated information to share with you in August!
Tom VoirinDirector, Software & Service Support
4:10 pm - 5:10 pm Interactive Workshop K: Service Transformation In The Utility IndustrySyd Briggs - General Manager Steele-Waseca Cooperative Electric
Think back to when someone took an extra unnecessary (but very welcome) step to make your situation better or day brighter. Do you remember how it made you feel? How often do your customers feel this way? When they experience a sense of “magic” from your team, they are much more likely to be satisfied, loyal, and/or make a purchase. But magic doesn’t – poof – just appear. You need to empower your team to become magicians. Syd will share practical examples of magical realism in business, and help you adjust your operations to break the mold, prepare for the unexpected, and establish individual branding.
Syd BriggsGeneral Manager
Steele-Waseca Cooperative Electric
4:10 pm - 5:10 pm Interactive Workshop L: Industry Board RoomsPatrick Dell - Regional Director, Service Varian Medical Systems Scott Wooden - Field Services Manager Card-Monroe Corp. Fred Walkover - Vice President, Operations – Mid-Atlantic Altice USA Heather Cone - Head of Platform Design ServiceLive John Ancona - Senior Director, Operations ServiceLive
A facilitated strategy and best practice discussion with up to 20 participants around the nuances of your specific industry, including: (choose one)
#1 Medical Device
Patrick Dell, Regional Director of Service, Varian Medical Systems
#2 Small & Medium Business (SMB)
Scott Wooden, Field Service Manager, Card-Monroe Corp
Fred Walkover, VP of Operations, Altice Technical Services
#4 3rd Party Service Providers
Heather Cone, Head of Platform Design, ServiceLive
John Ancona, Senior Director, Operations, ServiceLive
Patrick DellRegional Director, Service
Varian Medical Systems
Scott WoodenField Services Manager
Fred WalkoverVice President, Operations – Mid-Atlantic
Heather ConeHead of Platform Design
John AnconaSenior Director, Operations
5:10 pm - 6:40 pm Puttin’ On The Ritz Cocktail Reception In The Exhibit Hall
We’re throwing it way back (one hundred years back!). Join us for an evening of glitz and glamour, roaring 20s style.